Tuesday 7 December 2010

Filling the gap in my Apple system - TV

I just found this product from Elgato:

Screen shot 2010-12-07 at 15.24.16.png

Wow! Looks just what I want. EXCEPT

1 The software and setup is much too complicated, and works the wrong way round. Netstream to Router (by Ethernet?), router to Mac, Mac to iPad!! No output to Apple TV as far as I can see.

This needs a HUGE amount of costly electronics to do a simple job.

A simple system would be Netsteam + iPad + Apple TV only. Then if a Mac book is around they can pick it up too...

2 It does not fit in my Apple eco-system (Apple TV feeding LCT TV and HiFi system, MacBook, iPad)

I want this:Eco-system.png

Where the STB steams by Apple's Airplay to my TV, or my iPad or my Macbook. And the STB can be controlled remotely from the iPad or MacBook. Simple.

Elgato get on the job.

No comments: