Monday 4 August 2014

LCD using I2C serial access

I have been struggling for days to try to get my LCD 1602 display, with an I2C interface board on the back, working.

To do this one needs a library called "LiquidCrystal_I2C.h" which is referenced in many places on the web. But it seems a shambles as many of the sources have modified the library code to suit a particular application and they simply don't work. I downloaded at least 5 different versions none of which worked, and my LCD just showed a line of white rectangles, nothing else.

I have now found a version of the library which works!! So if you have the same difficulty go over to the site of HobbyComponents, search for their LCD display with I2C interface, then go to the forum and there you will find a download of the library which works.

Good luck!

No comments: