Monday 10 April 2017

Converting to OLED displays

I am at a point where I have 3-4 projects operational and ready to be boxed. Looking around the web I find there are virtually no folded aluminium boxes on the market - what happened to them? Maplin have a few old stock remaining, but no one else makes any!

Screen Shot 2017 04 17 at 12 11 24 Screen Shot 2017 04 17 at 12 11 30 Screen Shot 2017 04 17 at 12 11 33
But I did find some nice, small "instrument cases" on Amazon and bought 4 of them. What I found was that the 16x2 LCD displays that I have been using are too large... and I have chosen to switch to 1.3" OLED displays. Lot's of new learning about U8g2lib.h library and re-writing of code... but I have my wide band SDR, my wide range VFO and my RF power meter ready to go.

I now have to cut the rectanglar holes  for the Arduino UNO USB connector and te 1.3" OLED displays. Fortunately my son is production director at a small engineering company and can do this using his CNC milling machines. So there is hope.
 
Code
 
As well as converting code to use OLED displays I have also upgraded from the U8glib to the new, future supported, u8g2 library. New code will be published on this blog showing the use of this new display library. And a post will be made where you can download both my new (and old) ACTIVE sketches and the libraries that support them.
 



 

No comments: