Wednesday 27 July 2011

Just to let you know

I have upgraded my MacBook to the new Lion version of OS X. It works just fine, but I am not overexcited, maybe most of the things it does for me are happening in the background?

I like the "Mission Control" which I have set to activate with the "Fn" let at lower left of the keyboard - my MacBook is an old one, so it does not have a multi-touch trackpad, which means I do not get the three and four finger gestures… sadly, need a new computer! But Full screen apps are very good, I like the extra real estate and the drop down top menus.

Now I await iOS5 and the iCloud implementation for OS X. Roll on "fall" as the Americans say. The iCloud will give me more and hopefully better, syncing between my MacBook and my iPad and iPhone. But on the other hand I will lose my web site on Mobile Me and will, if I want one, have to find another host. Perhaps I no longer need a web site as I have this blog?

No comments: