Saturday 30 October 2010

A new TV

I am looking for a new TV. And it is the most confusing business I have ever got involved with. So many, many models and very little differentiation between them.

My requirements are simple



1 32inch screen, max 40 as we don't have too much space

2 Thin

3 White frame surround, not the ubiquitous black, complemented by a white VESA mounting arm, it will fit in a corner, not on a flat wall.

4 HDMI inputs - for Apple TV, Wii and DVD player

5 Built-in Freesat (not Freeview)

6 Simple remote control, I believe it should be possible to control a TV with no more than 5-10 buttons (not 50-100 as some think!).

7 There maybe some technical issues I don't yet understand, but which will be important, for example I need full HD (1920x1080), I need smooth action pixs (120Hz?), I need...

What is NOT required is



7 Internet access to specific, chosen by the makers, channels. The TV may be a network device (to my home WiFi, computers, iPads and NAS) but not a direct Internet terminal.

8 DNLA, I will use Apple TV (streaming from the internet, my NAS, my Macbook, my iPad etc) so DNLA is not of interest to me.

9 Any other connections, e.g. VGA, PC, USB, SCART, YRGB etc etc

Does anyone make such a simple thing????




No comments: