Friday 23 August 2013

Finding components for my SSTV receiver

I am building a simple SSTV receiver for reception on 14230 kHz, this is based on the RSGB Centenary Receiver for PSK31 published in Sept Radcom magazine. My circuit diagram is in a previous post.

I have managed to get most of the components - resistors, coils, capacitors, ICs - from Spectrum Communications. But had difficulty finding a source for the 14230kHz crystals. Now I have made a contact through ICM-Crystals with Chris Emmerson who is able to source them from China, at a cost of 20GBP for 6. Compare that to quotes in the EU & UK of 120-160GBP!!

Let's see how delivery goes...

In the mean time, here's the board with most components mounted:

2013 10 02 15 42 08

I have left off two resistors that were connected from the LM386 inputs to ground because this IC has internal bias resistors and they are unnecessary. I have also substituted the input MOSFET for a BF245A, and lowered the load resistor to 1K to maintain the drain at 4-4.5V with zero source resistor.

No comments: