Saturday 9 January 2021

A morse practice generator

 Note: all files and sketches on M0IFA.me

Many moons ago I made, as part of the Banbury Amateur Radio Society BARSICLE project  (making a digital VFO, RF POWER METER AND DC RECEIVER as a practical home brew projects) I designed a Si5351 digital VFO (See 2018 August BARSICLE 6 project). This design has also a real time clock (DS3231) included, and so can be used for many things, a straight VFO up to 150MHz with 3 outputs, WSPR generation, QRSS and other beacon codings... 



It can also be programmed to generate random CW. And that is what I have now done. The Arduino code is called CW_LEARN.

This a a simple program which could be added to for example to change the WPM of the transmission and the spacing between characters. It currently transmits on only 7020kHz.

I am using it locally to be received on my new QCX+ and it works well. It sends 0-9 numbers or A-Z letters but skips punctuation such as "> @ etc" (not even sure if these have morse codes?)

Progress is slow, keep forgetting.

No comments: