Thursday 26 May 2011

Small truths for the BBC

Bad Flash



I just want to say to auntie BBC that I don't go to your web sites.

I do all my browsing on an iPad, and as long as you use the old fashioned, non standard, closed Flash technology and not the web open standard HTML5, I will not go to any of your sites.

Even the iPlayer for iPad, using HTML5/MPEG4 video, performs very poorly.

I do not see

- why you promote web pages that millions of users cannot view

- why, like everyone else, you cannot provide an HTML5/MPEG4 compatible alternative

... and why you cannot, or do not, explain your stick-in-the-mud attitude and adherence to proprietary Flash technology.

No information linking



And another thing, often I hear on the radio that more information can be found on so-and-so web page. But when I make the effort to go there I often find no links or references. Your channels are poorly cross referenced and need to be brought together. (See my other post about TV and the web on iPad).





No comments: