Friday 26 March 2010

My Billing in one place

I have an increasing number of companies that post my bills on line. Mobile phone, broadband, electricity, council tax, gas...

But it is a real pain to have to login to each one, follow each sites links and layout, before I can have a look at the bill. Even more difficult to query the bill or change the service...

My Bill

Why can't I have a single web site that, once I register my on-line payments and billing, presents all of them in a standard format, in one place?

Job for my bank?

May be my bank should handle these billings for me and build the website?

Come to think of it my bank could also do more, why do I have to go through PayPal to get my bank to pay, or go through Visa, why not a direct payment? Cut out the middle man.

Sometimes I think that my favourite company, Apple, should move into banking and payment. they seem to know how to offer simple and effective software, focused on the user's needs.

No comments: